At the School of Kinesiology at UL Lafayette, we are involved with caring for active populations in the treatment and rehabilitation of the injured or ailing. We have diverse interests that all work together in research to improve the quality of health for South Louisiana.
We offer a Bachelor of Science degree in Kinesiology with six available concentrations.
- Kinesiology, B.S., Exercise Science Fitness Studies concentration
- Kinesiology, B.S., Exercise Science Health & Fitness Sales concentration
- Kinesiology, B.S., Exercise Science Pre-Professional Studies concentration
- Kinesiology, B.S., Health and PE/Kinesiology Grades K-12 concentration
- Kinesiology, B.S., Health Promotion and Wellness concentration
- Kinesiology, B.S., Sport Management concentration
We also offer a Master of Science in Kinesiology with two available concentrations:
- Exercise and Sport Science
- Health Promotion, Recreation and Sports Management
We have 1,000 students in the School of Kinesiology and graduate about 200 students every year. Our graduates are actively working in Acadiana’s regional hospitals, physical therapy and occupational therapy clinics, fitness and wellness centers, Miles Perret Cancer Services, and more.
Our students have the opportunity to intern with professional sports teams, including the Louisiana Ice Gators professional hockey team. We are the only school within a 200-mile radius with access to professional experience with a professional hockey team.
School of Kinesiology students are highly involved in community outreach, volunteering for health-related organizations and activities. Last year, the Kinesiology Professionals Association (KPA) student organization raised $60,000 for the Kinesiology majors’ scholarship fund. Our students provide medical assistance and coverage at local events, such as the Susan G. Komen and American Heart Association walks and Cajun Man Triathlon. Because of their exceptional commitment to their profession, KPA was named Student Organization of the Year and Dr. Brian Campbell received the Advisor of the Year award in 2013-2014.
Our school is nationally recognized and accredited by the Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation (CAEP) and the National Association of Sport & Physical Education (NASPE).The School of Kinesiology is a member of the American Kinesiology Association.