The home of the School of Kinesiology is Bourgeois Hall, which is located at 225 Cajundome Blvd near the Cajundome. Bourgeois Hall also houses Recreational Sports who manages the fitness and aquatic centers as well as intramural and club sports. The building was completed in 1987 and has been updated continuously during its history. The building houses many classrooms and one auditorium with a capacity to seat 120 people. All classrooms are equipped with computers and overhead projectors.
In addition to housing Recreational Sports, there are several other facilities available in Bourgeois Hall including:
STEP Computer Lab
- Open for all UL students to use
- 25 Dell desktop computers
- Xerox printer/photocopier
- The School of Kinesiology has two state of the art research labs that are used for both research and education. Find out more information about our Research Labs.
Center for Sports Success (CSS)
- Sports Management Research Lab utilized by faculty and staff to produce applicable and valuable research on the effectiveness and efficiency of sports teams in meeting on-field and off-field goals. Learn More.
Athletic Training Laboratory
- Fully functional modalities lab
- State of the art equipment including: laser therapy, HIVAMAT, ultrasound and electrical muscular stimulation
- Dedicated rehabilitation area
- Multi-station taping, bracing and padding area
- Library and study facility for athletic training majors
Motor Learning Laboratory
- Open lab space equipped for research and instruction in motor learning and adapted physical education
- Large facility for use in dance instruction
- Professional sound system
- Observation area for teaching and instruction
Kinesiology Weight Room
- 2 Sorinex double sided squat racks
- Hammer strength resistance training equipment