UL Lafayette is currently seeking accreditation for the Athletic Training Program. The program is not accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Athletic Training Education (CAATE). The institution will be submitting a self study to begin the accreditation process on July 1, 2022.
Program Mission Statement
The mission of the Athletic Training Program at UL Lafayette is to prepare students for professional assimilation through a rigorous education process that blends a challenging academic curriculum with aggressive, hands-on clinical experiences. Through this process, our students will become life-long learners who seek answers to the changing medical environment by exploring and conducting research. Ultimately, graduates of the Athletic Training Program at the University of Louisiana at Lafayette will be prepared to pass the Board of Certification (BOC) exam and become competent Allied Healthcare professionals for the physically active individuals of South Louisiana and the surrounding region.
Through didactic and clinical experiences, students will master the knowledge and clinical competencies related to the core content areas on the path to a successful career as a Certified Athletic Trainer. In addition to the core content, the AT Program goals and objectives are to:
• Develop decision making and critical thinking skills in students
• Develop effective communication skills in students
• Encourage students to be lifelong learners
• Prepare students to pass the BOC exam
• Promote involvement of students in professional associations and in community service
• Encourage significant contributions to the profession through research and service to professional organizations
• Facilitate student efforts in securing a position in graduate school or in the Athletic Training setting
Learn more about the student BOC pass rate, graduation rate, and the student employment rate for the Athletic Training Program.
Policies and Procedures
The information contained in the Athletic Training policies and procedures manual was developed to assist and guide the athletic training student during their matriculation through the Athletic Training Program.