To be considered for the Master of Science in Kinesiology program, you must meet the following requirements:
- Hold a relevant baccalaureate degree from an accredited undergraduate program and successful completion of necessary course pre-requisites.
- Have maintained an undergraduate grade point average of 2.75 on a 4 point scale or 3.0 on last 60 semester hours or 90 quarter hours (United States institutions only). International students must consult with the graduate school of the University of Louisiana at Lafayette (UL Lafayette) as well as the Graduate Coordinator in the School of Kinesiology for additional admissions considerations.
- Send your Graduate Record Examination (GRE) scores to UL Lafayette before the first semester of graduate study. A combined GRE score of 1000 (verbal and quantitative) on the old scale or a combined score of 302 with the new scale are used as reference values when considering applicants
- Submit three letters of recommendations written by individuals who are familiar with the student's ability to do graduate work. In most instances these letters should be from undergraduate faculty or professionals in the field of Kinesiology (i.e., health, recreation, exercise science, and sport management).
- Complete a personal interviews. You may be invited for a personal interview with graduate faculty representatives.
*NOTE: Individual criteria listed above are not absolutes. The review process is dynamic in that all of the criteria are considered collectively. GRE Scores above the reference values do not insure a candidates admission or scores below the values do not necessarily exclude a candidate from consideration. Other criteria may include: publications, research experience, unique and relevant professional experiences, certifications and licensures, communication skills both written and spoken and teaching experience in areas of need for graduate assistant applicants.